World Friendship Day is a wonderful excuse to show some appreciation to those closest to you. Here are some ideas to make this holiday that much more special:
- Make a personalized soundtrack to your friendship and have a car karaoke session jamming out to all your favorite tracks.
- Make them a homemade gift. This could be anything from a heartfelt card to a bookmark, or even a piece of art. Just give them something that feels special and unique to your time together and you can’t go wrong.
- Cook them a homemade meal and share it. Doing a bonding activity like this is always great fun (even if the food doesn’t turn out so great). You can even make it eco-friendly by chowing down outside with Wholeleaf tableware. It’s compostable, chemical-free, and compostable, making the experience that much more enjoyable.
- Watch a friendship themed movie. Depending on the genre you typically go for when you spend time together you could enjoy a variety of classics like The Goonies, Bridesmaids, Forrest Gump, or Toy Story.
- Give your friend a big bear hug. Many close friends don’t like physical displays of affection, but today can be an exception to the rule so grab your friend, squeeze them tight, and tell them how much they mean to you.
- Reach out to a friend you haven’t talked to in a while. It’s never too late to rekindle an old friendship, and it always feels to see a text or phone call from someone you thought you’d lost touch.
Sometimes you forget to tell your friends how much you appreciate them, and this holiday is the perfect excuse to spend time with your closest mates and make lasting memories this summer.